- 1 Manufacturing Module - ADempiere Team Learning 01
- 2 General
- 3 How to Participate
- 4 Outline
- 5 Scheme
- 6 Suggested Reading
- 7 Let's Discuss
- 8 Links
Manufacturing Module - ADempiere Team Learning 01
I am going to launch a team learning on ADempiere Manufacturing Module.
Please feel free to comment or join. Any suggestions or questions are welcome. :-)
This idea is first initiated from a Case Study in Chinese , so I need a few days to translate it.
-- Peanut Blake Jan 03, 2010.
Chinese Team is already created and doing team learning now. Hope International Team will be coming soon. :-)
-- Peanut Blake Feb 10, 2010.
- The Manufacturing Module integrated in ADempiere is a proven function in real cases. This is distinctive in open source ERPs.
- But it is very difficult to learn due to lack of documents and the complexity of manufacturing itself. It really frustrates lots of people who wish to learn it and use in their real cases.
- However, if we are united, through team learning, we will do it easier and faster.
- This project is to form a team to carry out systematic learning on ADempiere's Manufacturing Module.
- This project will have 2 teams.
- Chinese Team.
- Chinese team has been created, team learning has been processing.
- See here for details - Manufacturing Module - Team Learning - Chinese Team ( written in Chinese, you can read it by Google Translate
- International Team.
- This team will use English.
- Chinese Team.
- The two teams will operate separately.
- Current phase: Team member sign up.
- Team Learning will start when we have 4 team members, hope we can start around Mar 2011.
- Project created: Jan 03, 2011.
How to Participate
- If you want to join the team, you can sign up below or sent an email to peanutblake <at> yahoo. com.
- At least 4 hours per week is required, for team learning and self-directed learning.
- If you don't want to join the team, you can also participate in these ways:
- Writing down your comments on wiki pages under the Let's Discuss column.
- Writing an email to discuss. Currently is peanutblake <at> yahoo. com.
Roles in Team
- Teacher:1~2 person. In charge of giving guidance for team learning.
- Coordinator:1 person. In charge of co-ordination.
- Theory Analyzer:1~2 person. In charge of analysis and deep study in manufacturing theory.
- Function Analyzer:2~3 person. In charge of function usage and testing.
- Code Analyzer:2~3 person. In charge of code analysis.
- Translator:1~2 person. In charge of translation between English and Chinese.
Sign up for Team Learning
- Your name ...
- What kind of role you want to be ...
- Which phase you want to joint ...
- What you are interested ...
#01 Peanut Blake
- I am Peanut Blake
- I want to join as role: Theory Analyzer.
- I want to join in phase: Phase 1 ~ Phase 4.
- I will do my best from the view of the manufacturing operation and function usage.
- I am Suman
- I want to join as role: Code Analyzer.
- I want to join in phase: Phase 1 to Phase 4.
- I am good at analyzing code and connecting the items.
- I Can spend 4 hours in one Weak. Looking forward to see the Chineese Scenario document in english
#03 Redhuan D. Oon
- I am a freedom fighter fresh from North Africa
- I want to join as tester and write Fitnesse tests suite.
- I have tested generating of Manufacturing Order from Material Plan involving Product Planning of BOM Product.
#04 Mike McKay
- I am Mike McKay - some experience running an electronics manufacturer
- I want to join as a Code Analyzer and to help document the results.
- I want to join now.
- I am Himanshu
- I can contribute at different levels just need to understand the process.
- Please add me to the manufacturing team. I am new to the adempiere world and would need help to understand how this whole thing works.
#06 Iveen Duarte
- I am Iveen Duarte
- I live in Guatemala, been working at an apparel manufacturing plant for the last 12 years, and looking to implement a Manufacturing solution in our company, been following ADempiere for the last 4-5 years, and Compiere prior to that, concerned about Manufacturing in ADempiere, but willing to learn and to collaborate with my own experience in the field; learned a little Java, so even I am not a developer, know and understand source code.
- Let me know how are you going about this project, and how can I be of any assistance.
- BTW English and Spanish only, sorry, no Chinese for me ... ;)
#07 Eagle Xu
- I am Eagle Xu
- I work in a manufacturing factory and responsible for choosing a suitable ERP. I just start at learning ERP so i think i could do the translation. I could also do programming.
- I want to join in phase: Phase 1 ~ Phase 4.
#08 You can sign up here
- I am ...
- I want to join as role: ...
- I want to join in phase: ...
- I ...
- Purpose:Master ADempiere's Manufacturing Module and apply it in real case.
- Scope:Core functions of ADempiere Manufacturing Module.
- Combining theory and practice. So that you can both know how and know why.
- Combining function and case study. We learning the functions with a case study.
- Focusing on core function. Don't waste to much time on unimportant function or development. Otherwise it will make this project too long to control.
- Coincide Environment. For example, some functions may be different between version 3.5.4a and 3.6.0LTS.
- ADempiere ERP: Version 3.6.0LTS.
- JVM: sun-java-1.6.0.
- Operation System: suggest to use Linux, reducing trouble from virus or Trojan.
- Database: suggest to use PostgreSQL 8.0 or above.
- Duration: 40 weeks.
- Scheme Discussion: 2~3 weeks.
Phase 1-Manufacturing Theory
- Manufacturing Theory. 8 weeks
- Basic terminology: Item, BOM, workflow, ...
- Core module: MPS, MRP, CRP, ...
Phase 2-Basic Function of Manufacturing Module
- General scope on ADempiere's Manufacturing Module. 2 weeks
- Engineering Management. 6 weeks
- BOM. 2 weeks
- Resource. 2 weeks
- Manufacturing Workflow.2 weeks
- Production Management. 4 weeks
- Manufacturing Order
Phase 3-Planning Management of Manufacturing Module
- Planning Management.8 weeks
- Product Planning. 1 week
- Forecast. 1 week
- Material Requirement Planning. 3 weeks
- Capacity Requirement Planning. 2 weeks
- Distribution Resource Planning. 1 week
Phase 4-Other Functions of Manufacturing Module
- Distribution Management. 4 weeks.
- Quality Management. 2 weeks
- Standard Costing Management. 4 weeks
- Production and Operation Analysis - Sixth Edition. Stevn Nahmias.
- Libero - General list.
- Libero-MFG-alpha User Manual. Nice manual in PDF format.
- A Step by Step Guide to Libero Manufacturing. from Kittiu.
Hi, let's discuss it here.
It would be great if you would document your results in form of an end user documentation here in the wiki. Kthiemann 09:45, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- That is the ultimate goal of team learning - we all get smarter. MJMcKay 11:52, 9 March 2011 (UTC)