Setting Posterita from SVN
Steps on how to set up the development environment to run Posterita
You need to have the following installed before proceeding:
- a. Java 1.5.
- b. Oracle 10g or Oracle xe.
- c. The latest version of Ant (www.apache.org).
- d. The latest version of Eclipse
Setting up the development environment to run Posterita
1. From Eclipse access the project from svn https://adempiere.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/adempiere.
2. Checkout contributions/posterita.
3. Download the latest zip of Adempiere (www.sourceforge.net/projects/adempiere)
4. After extracting it, go in the folder Adempiere/lib and copy the following jars and add them to the classpath:
4. After all the jars (.jar) have been added to the classpath, the project will be compiled without errors. (show me)
5. Import the Oracle database found in folder posterita/data/seed/posterita.jar.
6. Configure the application server plugin in your IDE and start it. An Adempiere Connection window will pop up.
7. Fill in the appropriate parameters.
8. Open a web browser and type in the url http://<IP adress of the application server>:<port>/posterita/
9. You would get a page with an example client posterita already configured on it.
- By clicking on the client name it would send you to the login page. The default user is "Admin" , password is "Admin" (case sensitive). You can also login by entering the a pin ("12345") for the default user "Admin".
10. After login, a page for a default terminal would appear. For the test client there is only one terminal called "Terminal 1".
- It would be asked for the first time only. Click on the Save button to proceed to the main menu of Posterita.
11. If a new client is needed log out of the system type the following url in the address bar of the browser:
- http://<IP Address of Application Server>:<web Port>/posterita/Client.do (case sensitive)
- A page would appear with all the required fields needed to configure client, please remember that all fields are required.
- The creation of the client would take a bit of time. Once the creation is complete, it would automatically direct to the login page.
- Note: All the informations about the POS Terminal and Client are stored in the cookies.
12. To create Adempiere.zip containing Posterita, follow the steps below:
- ACreate 2 folders under the project:
- b. In the 1st folder, add the latest version of Adempiere.zip
- c. Run build.xml found in the Posterita/bin to generate Adempiere.zip, and Posterita.war in the folder dist. The zip can be directly used to install Adempiere with Posterita in it.
- d. For the existing installation of Adempiere, copy and paste the Posterita.war in Adempiere/jboss/server/adempiere/deploy/