FT/TT meeting minutes June 03rd 2014

From ADempiere
Jump to: navigation, search
This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.


  1. General
    • Moderator: Steven Sackett
    • Secretary: Mario Calderon
    • Participants: Steven Sackett, Mike McKay, Mario Calderon, Suman Ravuri, Victor Perez
    • Date / Time: Tuesday, June 03th 2014 / 12:00h - 13:35h GMT
    • The meeting closed after 1 hour 35 mins
  2. Agenda
    • Minutes of Previous Meeting
    • Actions taken by RM
    • Misc
    • Actions to be taken
    • Next meeting
  3. Minutes of Previous Meeting
    • Incidents of last meetings were not recorded
  4. Actions taken by RM
    • Helping on seed, maintaining code.
  5. Actions to be taken
    • Adaxa has managed to build locally and put 4 devs to test and fix bugs.
    • Mario will assign 2 hours a day for testing and bug fixing.
    • Victor committed for 2 hours a day for testing and bug fixing.
    • Suman will revert 2 commits.
  6. Misc
    • Adaxa has put 4 devs to test and fix bus; they managed to build locally and will start working on it.
    • Mike is still working on zk7, but it will not be included in 3.8 because it has to be tested and a designer must go over it.
    • Seed by Victor, Suman, Paul Aviles.
    • Daily build by Paul Aviles
    • Merging and trunk maintenance by Victor.
  7. Next meeting
    • Date / Time: Tuesday, June 10th 2014 / 12:00h GMT


Following is the meeting log - time is in GMT -6

Tuesday, 3 June 2014
[05:00:31] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): hi All
[05:00:38] Mario Calderón: hello
[05:00:52] suman ravuri: Hi All
[05:01:53] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): shall we start while waiting for others?
[05:02:13] suman ravuri: yes
[05:02:18] Mario Calderón: +1
[05:02:53] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): in the last day or two we have got to the stage where we can build locally and we are using the seed database provided by Suman.
[05:03:02] Mario Calderón: could your developers start Steven?
[05:03:22] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): that gives me some comfort.  We are now focussing on testing .. and hoping others will be doing the same
[05:03:44] suman ravuri: Got the installer created with seed in it
[05:04:18] suman ravuri: @Steven, My understanding is Jacken used installer given by me
[05:04:36] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): Jacken said ... I have successfully installed 3.8.0RC locally and applied the last 2 migration scripts as mentioned.:
[05:04:50] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): that was about 4 hours ago
[05:05:29] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): probably still requires some checking but I am hoping this means anyone can install a local version to play/test
[05:05:44] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): Suman, is that what you expect?
[05:06:04] Victor Perez Juarez: Hi
[05:06:18] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): hi Victor
[05:06:56] suman ravuri: Yes Steve
[05:07:31] suman ravuri: @Victor, I will revert last two commits and add those feaures as part of bug fix
[05:08:19] suman ravuri: Could not make much progress on bugs on last week
[05:08:30] Michael McKay: Morning all.
[05:08:34] suman ravuri: I will have them prioritized this week
[05:09:06] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): hi Mike
[05:09:59] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): Suman, Deepak has been working on some bugs and then referring them to you with fixes .. is this what we are supposed to be doing?
[05:10:57] suman ravuri: If Deepak or any one can fix bugs and share patch that wil be fine
[05:11:12] suman ravuri: otherwise we will fix the bug and add it repository
[05:12:23] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): Can I ask who has resources to allocate to testing and bug fixing?
[05:14:12] Mario Calderón: we can allocate 2 hours a day for testing + bug fixing
[05:14:20] Victor Perez Juarez: I will testing my new contribution
[05:14:56] Victor Perez Juarez: Stefan of Italy are help me testing libero
[05:14:58] suman ravuri: I will have one resource with 20 hours in a week
[05:15:44] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): sounds like we will be able to make some progress :-)
[05:16:56] Victor Perez Juarez: I will set 2 hours by day
[05:17:42] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): perhaps with progress haapening  some others will also get involved.
[05:19:17] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): @Mike, I was wondering if you had more to tell us about zk7?
[05:19:24] Mario Calderón: my hope also Steven
[05:22:26] Michael McKay: I'm making slow progress.  I'll comit today and get help with the rest.  There is some functionality which we had in 3.5 which has been removed to the enterprise addition.  The one I'm currently working on is the groups in the tab form.  idempiere has extended the group classs to make it work and I'm copying their work to save time.
[05:23:41] Michael McKay: Otherwise, its near ready.  The theme system is very nice and makes using new themes easy.  See http://www.adempiere.com/Theme_Management
[05:24:13] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): good to hear ... i am sure we say thanks to Low Heng Sin and others for the guidance
[05:26:32] Michael McKay: Sure.
[05:26:43] Mario Calderón: seems greate
[05:27:47] Mario Calderón: I will publish this meeting
[05:28:39] Mario Calderón: at last we have concrete steps. 

Also, I will write to the TT ans FT inviting to test
[05:28:52] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): looks nice.. just so I understand .. choice of theme wil be able to be done directly in the application windows .. like some extended system parameter?
[05:31:13] Michael McKay: Yes.  You can set the system default - which will change the look of the login screen - and users can select other themes as they prefer.  Its similar to the swing look and feel in functionality. When the theme is changed, the app refreshes the page and it comes up in the new theme.
[05:32:11] Victor Perez Juarez: Ok nice
[05:34:15] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): sounds good .. in addition to being able to change the theme should we also be able to chnage (for instance) the logo from adempiere to something selected by the user?  we have made such changes but not sureif others think would be good additioon ... but if you can change the theme to what you want then would suddenly seem tp make sense to change the images by user selection rather than having to get a programmer involved.
[05:39:24] Michael McKay: As long as the image is stored in the theme on the server, you can do that. The logo image is simply called ~./images/logo_large.jpg or something similar.  The ~. is replaced by the theme folder.  Switching themes changes the folder and the image.  All the icons, can be changed this way.
[05:40:34] Michael McKay: If the user is storing a new image, the css will need to know that path and this can be set in software based on some system parameter.
[05:41:54] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): I think we saved the images as columns on ad_client or similar and they would then just be used when you logged in to that client ..  is that what you expect?
[05:42:31] Michael McKay: Yes.  It would be possible to change the system logo as well prior to log-in.
[05:42:32] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): somethinh was hardwired to be displayed before the user selected a client and logged in.
[05:43:04] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): sorry .. did not see yr message
[05:44:08] Michael McKay: There is a zul page which is the only "hard wired" part.  It simply calls a specific  software class.  The entire look and feel of the application can be changed by changing this class.
[05:45:23] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): does that mean that a user can not simply add a file in the UI and reboot .. and he gets the new image?  still got to be a programmer involved?
[05:45:53] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): sorry to ask dumb questions
[05:48:00] Michael McKay: Some software will be required initially but then it should be user configurable.  For eample (sorry for the code): 

     Div div = new Div();
     ThemeUtils.addSclass(ITheme.LOGIN_BOX_HEADER_CLASS, div);
     Label label = new Label("Login");
     ThemeUtils.addSclass(ITheme.LOGIN_BOX_HEADER_TXT_CLASS, label);

     Table table = new Table();
     ThemeUtils.addSclass(ITheme.LOGIN_BOX_BODY_CLASS, table);


     Tr tr = new Tr();
     Td td = new Td();
     td.setDynamicProperty("colspan", "2");
     Image image = new Image();

        tr = new Tr();
[05:49:21] Michael McKay: The lines:


could lookup the default images that are hardcoded/in the system configurator/or associated with a theme.
[05:50:27] Michael McKay: I'm doing this with the themes to ensure there is always a working default in place.
[05:52:27] Michael McKay: Got to go for a few minutes.
[05:52:40] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): thanks .. the method will be your choice .. I guess the question for the meeting is do others think we should add the ability to let users set their logos directly to work with the changeable themes .. or do they see it as not needed ... comments?
[05:56:43] suman ravuri: Steve, alllowing users to select image is desireble
[05:57:00] suman ravuri: but may not be required in fisrt cut
[05:57:56] Mario Calderón: I#ve seen that many implementors change the logo
[05:59:34] Michael McKay: I see it as part of private labeling of an implementation used by the system admin. It would work well in single tenant situations and to provide the user with a branded look.
[06:00:32] Michael McKay: The image in the header, for eample, is just a word mark.  It could be changed to the company logo easily enough.
[06:01:46] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): ok .. sounds like people think it would be a worthwhile addition .. I will ask about the changes we made ... if the group is happy with that idea.  for 380 or later?
[06:02:58] Mario Calderón: if possible for 3.8,: +1
[06:03:13] suman ravuri: +1 for later
[06:03:23] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): ok
[06:03:40] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): and what about zk7 .. is that also later?
[06:04:06] Mario Calderón: I would say later, because is too important
[06:04:29] Mario Calderón: the ones interested can merge
[06:04:46] suman ravuri: later
[06:04:51] Michael McKay: I do think the themes need some testing.  The look and feel is not consistent - never was good at picking colors.  We will need some web designers to have a look and make suggestions. +1 for later.
[06:05:09] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): ok .. clear
[06:05:28] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): I see that http://demo1.adempiere.us/webui/ is up !
[06:05:41] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): I had not checked for a few days ..
[06:06:31] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): @Victor or Suman, the matters that Paul was raising about the build failing ... is that all fixed now
[06:07:08] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): will it be reliably up for people to visit and test?
[06:08:05] suman ravuri: Yes Steve
[06:08:14] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): great
[06:08:25] suman ravuri: I will be reverting two commits to add them later
[06:08:36] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): what commits?
[06:08:58] suman ravuri: two features which I commited after seed is generated
[06:09:18] suman ravuri: I wll add them before we create another seed
[06:09:22] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): what were they?  adaxa stuff?
[06:09:32] suman ravuri: yes
[06:10:12] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): ok
[06:10:26] suman ravuri: last_run and import_budget
[06:10:45] suman ravuri: this is to avoid manual step of runnin sqls
[06:10:45] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): will they then not be in 380?
[06:10:52] suman ravuri: they will be
[06:11:13] suman ravuri: after bug fixes we will regenerate seed
[06:11:17] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): ok
[06:11:29] suman ravuri: before we generating seed we add these features as well
[06:13:28] Michael McKay: I've noticed a problem with IDs in some of the my SQL.  I need to fix that as well before release.  Is there any issue in using the new migration rather than sql?  I already have it fixed in a migration script.
[06:18:13] suman ravuri: this release we need sql as well
[06:18:34] suman ravuri: from next release onwards we rely completely on migration scripts
[06:19:22] Michael McKay: But if I have the choice, can I use the migration script?
[06:19:48] suman ravuri: yes
[06:20:18] suman ravuri: but while generating final seed we need sql
[06:20:52] suman ravuri: @Victor, kindly add if I am missing anything
[06:21:56] Mario Calderón: ok dear all, I have to leave.
will publish this meeting
[06:22:21] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): bye Mario
[06:24:38] suman ravuri: any other items?
[06:25:04] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): not from me...
[06:25:21] Michael McKay: For your info - I'll be away for six weeks in July to mid August - largely off-line.
[06:26:09] suman ravuri: wish you are going on family vacation
[06:27:00] Michael McKay: Yes - drivng across Canada and spending a few days in BC on the west coast.
[06:28:59] Steven Sackett (Adaxa): I have to leave also .. bye to all
[06:29:03] suman ravuri: bye
[06:35:08] Michael McKay: bye