ADempiere via .deb/RPM/apt-get/yum
- This page is place holder for Thoughts and ways to tackle package management based on a call from Red1 on https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=7055233
- This Hackathon is supposed to be held as a part of OSCON - Open Source Conference in the capital city of Malaysia this May 31st thru June 3. http://planet.foss.org.my/
- In our preliminary discussions the community here are thinking of making ADempiere as one of the Hackathon candidates. The task for local hackers to accomplish on it is to make ADempiere installable crazy by a Yum, Apt or RPM.
- Now we gather thoughts on what will be the technical issues. The end of the Hackathon we hope to produce a site that will allow the world to install ADempiere without any setup on their part. We can call it YummyERP.
- Why : Making Adempiere user friendly for GNU/Linux users.
- By Whom : Folks who wants to learn and help how package management works.
- What: At the end of it get Adempiere with .deb, RPM and repos for apt and Yum
It is a 3 step process
After checking out the Windows installer by Kai for AD , i said to myself i need something like this !!, While searching and digging the web i hit upon this cool installer technology from Bitrock ,
i have already written to them to send across a free license . You can check the alpha installer for AD from http://www.satyaakam.net/Ad start testing and report back to me satyaakam at gmail dot com .
Ok i got a community license from Bitrock and our installer uses it too thanks Bitrock!
Now you can download the following packages , start testing and report back to me about how the installer performs
- ADempiere-342s-linux-installer.bin ( 32 bit Version)
- ADempiere-342s-0.x86_64.rpm ( For RPM based distros )
- ADempiere-342s-linux-x64-installer.bin ( Should work on any Distro)
Prerequisites: Java installed , Postgres installed
Unlike the Windows this installer for the time being only does installation of Adempiere in a location it does not install or check for Postgres, Java. Future release will have this included .
--Satyag 21:33, 10 May 2009 (PDT)
1) Does the installer work on x86 Arch.
Tested the present build by trying to install on Fedora 10 it does not work on x86 arch.
Test the whole install process
Build for x86 version
Built and uploaded one x86 one on --Satyag 21:33, 10 May 2009 (PDT)
Install VM for x86 testing.
Installed a VM for Fedora 10 x86 Installer for Fedora and other distros too.
The installer should work on all platforms do test and let me know --Satyag 21:33, 10 May 2009 (PDT)
--Satyag 20:13, 9 May 2009 (PDT)
some screen shots
- Windows Installer done by Kai Schaeffer, ADempiere Deutschland e.V., Berlin.