Who is Red1?
Almost did not make it in the History of ADempiere. Once upon a time Red1.org is more known for its Compierean delights. He explores a new Software Business Model and loves killing SAP, I mean contributing blockbusters. He adopts Linus' Circle of Trust in his projects nowadays.
Red1's Other Mantras
- Merit Before Credit Before Profit (mid 80s)
- You Have No Idea (late 90s)
- Deliverable Has To Be Visible To Be Measurable (early 2000s)
- Contributors Are Priceless (2004)
- Do Nothing (2007)
- I did a lousy job but i got it done (2010)
- Think about it for a moment (2011)
- Do not take my word for it (2012)
- The cliche way of getting red1's attention is to send him email at red1(at)red1.org
- The ingenious way is to sign his http://red1.org/guestbook (its locked due to spam)
- The honourable way is to contribute or write in the Forums
- Get his new resume at http://red1.org/aaa/red12010.pdf.
- Show your appreciation to him at PayPal account: red1(at)red1.org
- You can always drop by my farm! :)
What am I doing?
You can keep track of our OSGi implementation of ADempiere at my old forum. Good code review is more active there and its a great place where the last greatest minds behind the bazaar continues to amaze me each day with their coolest enhancements to the best free ERP in the world.
Spreading The Word
- 2013 April - July, organised iDempiere conference training in Germany, traveled to Russia, Slovakia, Hungary, Brazil, Venezuela and Japan.
- 2011 October - 2012 February an epic five months tour of Austria, Czech Rep., Germany, France, Colombia, Ecuador and Brazil. Indirectly causing a divorce, a new love, 2 wars, many new friends and a new partnership in Paris.
- 2011, before the world ends, touring the Philippines to produce my latest works of art. JavaPOS and OpenbravoPOS and touring Europe.. with pretty model for Austrian magazine.
- Rest of 2010, went to Tripoli, Benghazi, Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, nearby Singapore and lots of Bangkok.
- Red1/June 2009 finds me touring Europe. In February, 2010, I enter Paris.
- Arranging the first book on ADempiere. Web Economy & Culture ERP Setup to be published by Pearson.
- Evangelising in India.
- By creating a University Executive Masters on Open Source ERP.
- To Brunei i went. Stir a little pot at the forum.
- From Cebu they came, to CEDF-IT i go. First i have to know how to get to that island in the China Seas.
- Finally, i made it! Inquirer.Net (the 1st international FOSS conference announced here was hijacked by Microsoft who eagerly sponsored and struck out my name].
Digging Into The Pie
- 2012 - many of my well done PDFs are been amassed here.
- 2011 begins with a bang upgrading Windows Installer, doing lots of QA Testing Integration.
- Really deep into OSGI HengSin, getting to know more from our Master Developer.
- Diving into the deep end at Talk:Mercurial Test Environment - 17:23, 26 August 2010, and now reviewing OSGI HengSin - 08:14, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- Learnt how to upgrade AVA. Now i have to cut down the bloated image size! - 21:41, 21 October 2007
- Installed 2Pack Fixed Assets and Libero Manufacturing
- Testing and helping out Rob's WebUI - 00:22, 17 June 2007
- Setting up and mastering Posterita
- Institutionalising ADempiere - ADempiere Institute & Center of Excellence
- Preparing to conquer Europe (bad time, remember former dictators lost in the winter)
- Winter is over, Berlin, here i come! (European_ADempiere_Conference)
- Giving up on conquering my own country, Malaysia
- Thinking of returning to China, my 5th generation before homeland
- The term conquering here refers to spreading one's open source influence, and not one's genetical code
My Little Potpourri of Other Works
- Do you know what i did last summer?
- Java POS that does end up with a novel.
- Hi-res hi-fi demo movies, download the SevenZipped AVIs here.
- Application Dictionary makes ADempiere Rapid Development for any enterprise business software
- Reference Table with Dynamic Validation tutorial
- ERP On Demand as a hurriedly researched essay
- ReleaseManual.pdf for Presales
- Project Headstart Workshop
- ADempiere Features Checklist
- Counter FUD
- Difference With Compiere
- Web-based UI
- Debugging Posterita With Eclipse
- Libero Manual provide editing help
- The Red1 Story
- History of ADempiere
- Project Charter
red1 has some pet projects done with Open Source that he loves to get cracking again, if they are takers out there or if he retires anytime soon:
- University ERP from student admission via the web right to virtual classroom learning. Beats Moodle and Blackboard the last time i checked. But it is been quite some time, so if there is a contract on this, i can sharpen my light sabre.
- Cli-CE_Project where we can have an incoming caller ID via IP-PABX pull up the ADempiere CRM info and any associated info user wants. Done in Compiere 253 days, and will appreciate if there is a contract for me to play with this further. I like to continue to Short Messaging Service (SMS) notification for CRM and mobile ERP for ADempiere.
- CivilWorks was first started during my heydays in Compiere 251d with the ProgressClaims for a large construction firm, but Rasidi almost finished it now in Red Pear PLC.
- These are among the many letters of reference and printed publicity media i received in my tour of community service.
- They do not serve any official purpose nor are prejudicial to any other party.
- At best they serve as reference of goodwill and support to our open source approach for a viable eco-system that is competitive against proprietary ERP salesmanship.
Scrap Notes of a Mac User
- /Users/red1/Documents/workspace/adempiereTrunk/migration/postgresql.properties - postgresql.pgdata=/Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/data
- Eclipse/Configurations/Environment - LANG/LC_ALL = en_US.UTF-8
- Now upgraded to Mac Lion - postgres has different path (google to find out)
- utils_dev/RUN_build.sh need to comment out:
- if [ ! -f $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar ] ; then
- echo "** Need full Java SDK **"
red-wvp8n55987 yellow-sdfg87dfg456 my son my airline green-3n9469dbfnl ananda fine-w3fon387f4y
- Your migration script is in cd /var/folders/h1/