This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
- You may have some questions:
- ADempiere language package is XML format, while Launchpad.net is using PO file format. How to transform it?
- We've ready have a good amount of translation in PostgreSQL or in XML package. How can we use it?
- How to cover the gaps? That is "tool4po"!
- tool4po is a tool for file format convertion between XML-AD format and .PO format.
- XML-AD format is ADempiere standard XML format in language packages.
- .PO format is a kind of format related with GNU gettext. Launchpad translation platform is using .PO format.
- tool4po is developed using python3.1.
- Read me: Tool4po Help
- Convert XML en_US packages into POT files. (.POT is standard model for global translations)
- Convert existing XML translation packages into .po files, so that the existing translations can be upload to lp.net
- tool4po is designed for global languages. Now it works well for Chinese & Japanese.
- It can be easily avaible for other languages by changing one pattern string in config.xml.
- Tool4po source code is in Launchpad.net
- Please refer here for latest update: link
- Version List:
- We are going to carry out following development, you are welcome to contribute :-)
- "--get-po-all" Batch generate XML packages for all languages, from the PO package downloaded from Launchpad.net.
- "--merge-xml" Merge all XML files into one XML file, so that you can find & check translations conveniently.
- New function: Merge "en_US" XML packages of new version into POT template files. Will be processed on next stable release.
- New function: '--get-xml' Update XML files from PO files downloaded from Launchpad.net. ( Finished on Jun 21, 2010 )
- OO re-write. Finished. Completely re-write in object-orient method. Finished on Jun 3rd, 2010.
- What is new in 1.10:
- Fix bug of '--get-list-trans'
- What is new in 0.982a:
- Improve '--get-po' for languages like German, Malay.
- Simplify solution by removing 'xml-4po' file format.
- What is new in 0.981a:
- Now we can see help information like "Located in Content of: id-100:Name,id-114:Name ... ..." in Launchpad.net
- (Jul 18, 2010) New POT template files are uploaded into Launchpad.net. Adding supports for Words with Different Translations.
- What is new in 0.97a:
- Enhaned the POT template files. 1. Support Words with Different Translations. 2. Whole information of 'Content of'
- What is new in 0.962a:
- Using en_US standard package.
- New function: --tidy-xml.
- What is new in 0.957a:
- New function: --get-xml.
- New support for western languages such as German.