Talk:Sponsored Development: Drop Ship
Good start Joel...
re: Fixes Needed
I made such changes for a previous version (which I seem to have mislaid I will search again!) but I added the additional change that I added the Sales BP (which as you correctly identified is wrongly assigned to the PO BP) & its locations address to the PO Description as I think it is commonly required to tell the vendor where to deleiver to. I had hardcoded a "Please Deliver to:" before the name & address, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea for general use where I expect this phrase would need to be translated?
- See if enhancement 4 addresses this? jsSolutions 19:08, 29 April 2007 (EDT)
- seperating the fields is a better idea ok as it allow people to define themselves how and whereto display ... but will the M_InOut be available to the PO Print Format? If so then problem sorted. --Croo 15:12, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
re: Enhancements Needed
Rather than (or perhaps as well as) the possibility to create a Receipt, my thinking was ... Once the PO is sent it could be forgotten as our client organisation does not technically need to get involved again until the AP Invoice arrives which could be a long time between. So in order to keep the order "in the sights", so to speak, of our client organisation; I had considered (but hadn't advanced so far in my enhancements) that a receipt would automatically be created ... similiar to a warehouse sales order creating a shipment... and the receipt would be define requiring a confirmation. That open confirmation could then be used by the Sale team to keep track of the status. If they hear nothing from the customer for which a dropship receipt confirmation existed this could be used by the worflow or escalation process to initiate an action !? As I write this I think perhaps it would be better if an automated receipt AND shipment (with a confirmation) to the customer is made? An open shipment awaiting Invoicing makes more sense. But then any invoice from the supplier would be paid without question by the finance (as the goods were received in the system) even though the customer may not have received the goods. A receipt & ship would keep the stock level & valuation correct (i.e. we have Zero). What do you think? Did I make my proposal clear? --Croo 10:23, 29 April 2007 (EDT)
- Enhancement #3 specifies the creation of a shipment and receipt. My thought was that those could be configured to include confirmations with the normal functionality if desired by the user. Does it seem like this might drive to having a separated doctype for Drop-Shipment and Drop-Receipt, so that confirmations could be added to these, while not affecting standard shipments?
jsSolutions 19:08, 29 April 2007 (EDT)
- sorry I misread .. I didn't see the shipment just the receipt! At the end of the day these are just standard receipts and shipments (even if they are dummies to a dummy warehouse), and of course people can always create Drop-Shipment/Receipt docs but I think your suggestion to create basic default docs that are available to any new client created is a good idea. --Croo 15:12, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
Following is the drop shipment process of a company in one of my past project ( not compiere related )
- Customer send order to client organization.
- PO is created from customer order and send to supplier, customer order number is capture as reference here.
- Supplier make shipment to customer, a copy of the DO together with the supplier invoice is send to the client organization.
- Material Receipt is created from the supplier DO, supplier do# is capture as reference here. Capture the received supplier invoice as well.
- Customer DO is auto created from the Material Receipt document. Customer invoice can be auto generated as part of the process or manually created later.
Note that supplier might make multiple shipment per PO ( due to stock availability etc ). Hengsin 12:24, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
I have to implement drop ship for a client and would like to contribute. Has any work been done on this so far? BTW, point 5 is already handled (poorly), there's a field called Ref_Order_ID there that is populated when you generate PO from SO. Unfortunately its also used by counter documents, but I plan to add an extra field Counter_Order_ID to prevent conflicts. --Phib 01:03, 30 April 2008 (EDT)