Chart of Accounts
This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
Purpose of the Chart of Accounts
Chart of Accounts Design
- The COA as found in ADempiere is in the form of an excel spreadsheet where users can adapt to their own format.
- It can then be saved as a comma separated value file or accting.csv and imported into ADempiere.
- Daniel Norin has created a nice COA Editor to access that csv file to change or create a new COA without looking at the excel file.
- The COA follows accounting classifications underlying General Accepted Principles of Accounting (GAAP) in practice throughout the world.
Summary List of COA
- Here we lay out the general structure of the COA by displaying only the top level summary elements.
|Account Value||Account Name||Account Type|
|3||Owner's Equity/Net Worth||Owner's Equity|
|5||Cost of Goods Sold||Expense|
- Account value - unique ID of the account
- Account name - short name of the account
- Account description - a description of the account
- Account type - type of the entries written to this account (Asset/Liability/Owner's Equity/Expense/Revenue/Memo)
- Account sign - Natural(+/-)/Debit(-)/Credit(+)
- Document controlled - if yes, then it is not possible to post manually to this account
- Summary account - No entries can be posted to this account, this is a summary of the subaccounts. All entries have to be submitted to the subaccounts
- Default account - ?
- Account parent - Summary account where the entries of this account are summarized to
- Balance sheet - ?
- Balance sheet name - ?
- US 1120 Balance Sheet - ?
- US 1120 Balance Sheet Name - ?
- Profit&Loss - ?
- Profit&Loss Name - ?
- US 1120 Income Stmt - ?
- US 1120 Income Stmt Name - ?
- Cash Flow - ?
- Cash Flow Name - ?
- tri (only in definition csv/xls) - ?