Chart of Accounts
Purpose of the Chart of Accounts
Chart of Accounts Design
- The COA as found in ADempiere is in the form of an excel spreadsheet where users can adapt to their own format.
- It can then be saved as a comma separated value file or accting.csv and imported into ADempiere.
- Daniel Norin has created a nice COA Editor to access that csv file to change or create a new COA without looking at the excel file.
- The COA follows the General Accepted Principles of Accounting (GAAP) in practice throughout the world.
Summary List of COA
- Here we lay out the general structure of the COA by displaying only the top level summary elements.
|Account Value||Account Name||Account Type|
|3||Owner's Equity/Net Worth||Owner's Equity|
|5||Cost of Goods Sold||Expense|
Account value - unique ID of the account Account name - short name of the account Account description - a description of the account Account type - type of the entities written to this account (Asset/Liability/Owner's Equity/Expense/Revenue/Memo) Account sign - Natural(+/-)/Debit(-)/Credit(+) Document controlled - ??? Summary account - No entries can be posted to this account, this is a summary of the subaccounts. All entries have to be submitted to the subaccounts Default account - ? Account parent - Summary account where the entries of this account are summarized to Balance sheet - ? Balance sheet name - ? US 1120 Balance Sheet - ? US 1120 Balance Sheet Name - ? Profit&Loss - ? Profit&Loss Name - ? US 1120 Income Stmt - ? US 1120 Income Stmt Name - ? Cash Flow - ? Cash Flow Name - ?