Chart of Accounts
This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
Purpose of the Chart of Accounts
Chart of Accounts Design
- The COA as found in ADempiere is in the form of an excel spreadsheet where users can adapt to their own format.
- It can then be saved as a comma separated value file or accting.csv and imported into ADempiere.
- Daniel Norin has created a nice COA Editor to access that csv file to change or create a new COA without looking at the excel file.
- The COA follows the General Accepted Principles of Accounting (GAAP) in practice throughout the world.
Summary List of COA
- Here we lay out the general structure of the COA by displaying only the top level summary elements.
|Account Value||Account Name||Account Type|
|3||Owner's Equity/Net Worth||Owner's Equity|
|5||Cost of Goods Sold||Expense|