From ADempiere ERP Wiki
Latest version 361Aug installer contributed by Redhuan D. Oon/Kai Schaeffer based on CarlosRuiz's stable 361 with Fixed Assets, Maintenance and JavaPOS included. End-user guide provided. Thanks to Cozy for Japanese guide. There is also a Developer's page.
- This installer runs under MS Windows platform and will install everything you need:
- Java JDK (version 22.214.171.124)
- Postgres Database (version 8.3)
- ADempiere (release 360Trunk/SUPER1s)
- Setup ADempiere's environment and home settings
- Import the latest migrated from CarlosRuiz's maintained version of August 15th 2011 database dump
- Includes latest upgraded Fixed Assets, Maintenance, and JavaPOS.
All you need to do after this is just to double-click on the application icon and it runs!
- Download the latest tested ADempiereInstaller1111.zip from here. (Fig.i)
- Its size is 270Mb. Full execution on a Windows PC may take as fast as 15 minutes.
- Related Sourceforge forum thread.
- NOTE: When executing the installer, ensure you have UAC (User Account Control - needed in Vista) off and Run as administrator. (Fig.ii)
This installer has been tested many times to work quite easily. If you should hit an error, just Windows Uninstall the option concerned, ensure clean delete of old files and run the installer again.
- Opening screen
Just click Next and listen to the music
- Now you have succesfully installed everything as you can see on the screen below. From here you can do uninstall when needed.
- If you wish to uninstall due to some fault, you can do so from the Control Panel and select 'Uninstall Programs'.
- Uninstall in the ADempiere_Home folder only removes the ADempiere binary and its folders and contents but do not remove Java nor Postgres.
- You have to delete the folder of the packages you uninstalled to ensure it is cleanly removed. Otherwise a reinstall won't guarantee to work.
- If ADempiere cannot launch at all.
- Go to the DOS prompt and cd to your adempiere_home to launch adempiere. I.e. D:/Adempiere/RUN_Adempiere.bat
- Note the prompt lines to tell you what are the errors for your further action. (see FiG 1)
- One way is to RUN_setup again to make sure all the settings are right. You can run this many times and it does not disrupt your database. See FIG 2.
- D:/Adempiere/RUN_setup.bat FIG 3 will appear.
- Put localhost as your Database Server name
- Click on TEST and on success click on SAVE.
- If it launches but cannot connect to database.
- Click on the Server connection icon. See FIG 4.
- Select Postgres as database
- Put localhost as your Database Server name.
- Put 'adempiere' (or what you gave above) as password
- Press the Test Database button only. All these refers to FIG 5.
- If it turns green then only go to the Application Server.
How To Upgrade To Latest Version
- With ADempiere you can easily do that.
- First you have to download the latest binary with data dump
- Then you go and replace the binary in your home directory, and place the Adempiere.dmp in /data folder.
- Then go to and run <ADempiere-Home>/RUN_Setup.bat or better still RUN_silentsetup.bat.
- Then execute <ADempiere-Home>/utils/RUN_ImportAdempiere.bat
How Not To Overwrite Your Previous Version
- Then do not run ImportAdempiere.bat but just run all the migration scripts since the last version.
How To Keep Updating to latest from Trunk
- You run all the migration scripts from last release
- You compile the latest trunk source and replace the newly compiled binary at <ADempiere-Home>
- RUN_silentsetup.bat again
- The installer development has moved to OSGi version.
- There a constant new migration scripts upgrade installer is in development to handle any changes without the need to do it manually.