Hi Trifonnt; I have added the the new userbox member of ADempiere council to your user page, I hope you dont't mind. Cheers --Khalid HASSANI 19:34, 19 November 2006 (EST)
Hi Khalid; I agree.
Hi Trifon, i noticed RecentChanges logs repeated many times. To avoid that, press Show preview for each edit. When confirmed, then only press Save page - Red1 13:01, 5 May 2007 (EDT)
Trifon, your link about ERP comparison is so interesting and important read for newbies and users that i m putting it into the documents folder in SF/File Downloads for users to easily get them. - Red1 08:20, 23 June 2007 (EDT)
Hi Red1, it is ok. I just collect interesting information. Trifonnt 08:29, 23 June 2007 (EDT)
Hi Trifon, I was reading today your comments on 2pack, and want to clarify a little:
- Your comment: Require integration at source code level with Adempiere, which means that if i need to customize any import functionality i must rebuild whole application or patch it.
- 2pack allow importing data in any table, even customized, just look my load on Localizations Colombia here
- Your comment Main class(org.adempiere.pipo.PackInHandler) which handle import is very big(3800 lines) and complex, which require lot of time for developer to study it and makes modifications hard task.
- Solved now by Heng Sin
- About your new comment: Weak side of this imports 2Pack Any Table is that xml file contains IDs
- No, it depends on how you write the xml, I decided to write ID's for countries because they're fixed, but you can use lookupname for other purposes - there is an example of lookupname some lines below. CarlosRuiz 09:55, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi Carlos, thank you for the update. Just one question: Do you write this xml file by hand like in the begginng and like in ADCK or it is generated by 2Pack? Trifonnt 10:06, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi Trifon, AFAIR 2pack can generate the export for a set of data, but it put ID's, I changed it in a manual way to use lookupname.
Trifon, I would recommend if you're doing a 2pack vs ADCK comparison table you must study 2pack better.
I'm not sure what's the point saying ADCK can manage X or Y and 2pack don't - you can simply enhance 2pack - I'm sure with your strong knowledge you spend less time enhancing 2pack than writing wiki pages. ;-) CarlosRuiz 10:24, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi Carlos, in fact i made this table to help me to organize ADCK and to understand at what stage both applications are. Thank's for the comments they were valuable i appreciate them! Trifonnt 14:20, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
About Been Businessman
- Trifon, u know this is one of my favorite subjects and so i enjoyed reading the philosophical arguments of how to make money while keeping a passion for Open Source in your talk page.
- First of all, let me say that i m convinced of your contributive spirit. I am certain many ppl are too. Nothing i been saying or going to say can chage that. You are priceless. That means whenever i got deals worthy for you, i will pass to u.
- However there is an art of making business. For example i recently read a book by a Geek named Eric.. http://www.amazon.com/Eric-Business-Software-Experts-Voice/dp/1590596234 Here i like to share some of it with u.
- become a micro ISV (one man independent service provider)
- do not engage a partner who is not technical and really no MBA partner allowed in your setup
- hire others only when very necessary, not before a project
- Much More! Just read the bottom of the link of what others has crystalised as his gems. He is a geek who has gone thru many mistakes.
- I picked up 2 books yesterday besides his: Groovy, Bullshit Jobs, but his book took up 99% of my time. I trust this book will bring me success, cos there are already few mistakes i do that he is spoken in it.
- best regards - Red1 22:46, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi Red1, Thank you for the comment and links to the books. Trifonnt 06:12, 5 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi Trifon, I just say your wiki page is TOTALLY AWESOME !!!!!! Thanx for your valuable information Omidp
Hi Omid, Thank you!
Trifonnt 14:42, 25 December 2007 (EST)
The domain name featured in the kyperlink of one of the ressources featured in your page changed as follows:
Section: Comparison of Open Source ERP Systems
Link Title: List with criteria to compare ERP systems
Current Link: http://www.rfp-templates.com/Compare-ERP.html
New Link: http://rfptemplates.technologyevaluation.com/Compare-ERP.html
It's the same site, just moved under a new domain name. Do you authorize me to update it?
Yes, please feel free to update this info.
trifon 15:18, 16 October 2008 (EDT)
New home page
I have now completed the draft of the new home page : New Home Page. Please scratch your comments here (or fix / edit the page). Please discuss this with your team and approve it. I have included Table of Contents as one of the major link that user:MJMcKay is doing. We have to pursue and complete that portion also.Sarafudheen 07:52, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
I have resued your page, splitting into many sections
My idea was just to recover your home page. I am successful now. I split into some specific pages. Please have a look into the page. -- Sarafudheen 13:33, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- Very good work, now you are taking over as his slave! :) .. that makes me jealous! Well done! - Redhuan D. Oon 14:08, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Thank you very much! trifon 16:09, 24 July 2010 (UTC)