Talk:Create your ADempiere customization environment
From ADempiere ERP Wiki
All classes (even extend) in customization
Hi Kzmp, thanks a lot for documenting this.
> "Please note that if you need to extend ADempiere
> you may simply place your files in the extend folder
> of the ADempiere source code. Use the customization.jar
> approach if you need to modify core classes"
I think is better to keep all your customizations on the project, I mean, I don't put customized classes in adempiere320/extend, but in my_project/extend
This have some advantages:
- is easier to maintain all customization classes in just one project
- is easier to have one eclipse adempiere320 combined with many customized projects
- is easier to construct the customization.jar - currently I just make the jar from the bin eclipse directory of the project
- after the adempiere320 installation I never need to RUN_build again - just changing the patches.jar and customization.jar and RUN_setup
CarlosRuiz_globalqss 14:08, 1 March 2008 (EST)
- Thanks to the globalQSS(Carlos) team for this document.
- But I wonder how to set-up the webUI using this pattern, wherein the packages were layered so as not to disturbed the standard release source codes.
- Is there a way to set-up the WebUI in a way that only the touched source files are placed in a new customization folder?
- Anyone knowledgeable, Please let us know.
--Ivanceras 12:12, 18 October 2008 (EDT)