Sponsored Development: VAT Enhancements
The functionality in Adempiere is targets at supporting sales tax - i.e. taxes on sales. In Europe, and many other parts of the world, governments implement consumption taxes such as VAT (Value Added Tax), IVA, GST (Goods & Services Tax). Adempiere handles these in transacting, but the reporting for input and output taxes could be improved.
I propose to implement the changes we have made in order to support VAT in the UK. These include:
- extending C_TaxDeclaration in include IsSOTRX
- extending MTaxDeclarationLine to support correct signage of input and outputs
- extending the Tax Declaration Report to summarise by input and output and group by tax to provide relevant totals to complete a VAT return
The images here show an example of a VAT report (with some details deleted).
In the images, the text in red indicate the figures to use in a UK VAT return as follows:
1 - VAT Due in this period on sales and other outputs 2 - VAT due in this period on acquisitions from other EC member states 3 - Total VAT Due (1 + 2) 4 - VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs 5 - Net VAT (3 - 4)
6 - Total value of Sales and other outputs excluding VAT 7 - Total value of Purchases and other inputs excluding VAT 8 - Total value of all Supplies of goods and related costs excluding VAT to other EC member states 9 - Total value of all acquisitions of goods and related costs excluding VAT from other EC member states
The new VAT report shown here provides figures for boxes 1,4,6 & 7
If EC VAT Exemption (tax rate) is used, then the figures for 2, 8 & 9 are also displayed.
This provides the total requirement to complete a UK VAT return.
- add columns to C_TaxDeclarationLine
- update Model - for X_C_TaxDeclarationLine.java
- add functionality to MTaxDeclarationLine.java
- Update TaxDeclarationReport
- Add process function for tax declaration to create the required journals and close the document
- check this:
- looking for volunteers
- I can help but need guidance since I am new to Adempiere. Tell me what you need : K. Hee (email@example.com)
- Ladylilo for Thai VAT and Withholding Tax