This installation guide is intended for a production, multi-server system - one where the database server, application server and client computers are all on different machines. For basic installation instructions, see Getting Started in the User Guide
Before you install the software on a multi-server system, you should be familiar with the basic installation on a single machine. Much of the installation process is similar so this guide will not cover the simpler details. Refer to the basic instructions in Getting Started.
Multi-server installations are not really that complex. The key difference with an installation on a multi-server system compared to a single server has to do with getting the database server to talk with the application server. This changes that way the Application Setup is performed and how the database is configured. With everything passing over a network, security considerations have to be taken into account. In larger distributed installations, replication of the database may be required between the main and remote locations. Apart from that, the steps in the installation process are essentially the same:
- Ensure you have JAVA available. ADempiere requires the Java System Development Kit (JDK), not just the runtime environment (JRE).
- Install the database software on the database server according to its instructions and configure it to work with the application server
- Install the application software on the application server and configure it to work with the database
- Load data into the database
- Finalize the configuration of the application server et voila.
The following sections provide the details: