This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
ADempiere Partners & Associates
Data Import Tips
- Test your import formats with a small data set before importing your 300,000 records
- Remove all commas (,) double and single inverted commas (" and ') from your file
- If using a spreadsheet to analyse your data before importing it - use a function like clean() to clean your text of any unprintable characters
- remember to delete imported records from your table before re-importing them
- you can manipulate data in your I_table after importing it - so you can load information in to the 'wrong' fields and then move it in to the correct place (using SQL) before finalising the import
- If using MSExcel (maybe other spreadsheet programs, untested) be careful with fields that can have leading zeros like Postal Codes, SSNs. Being very helpful, Excel converts these to numbers, dropping the leading zero.