How to set up an Election
This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
Elections for citizens
Currently we use Limesurvey to execute votes.
Before the vote
- Create new survey in Limesurvey
- single page layout
- set exipiration date
- Create Question Group
- Create Question for each nominee
- add contributions and plans of the nominee from the application form
- write question
- supplement link to wiki page
- supplement link to Forum Thread where the vote was initiated
- Import Citizen list as csv
- Create Tokens
- Send email invitation
- Send email to citizen mailing list
- inform about exipration date
During the vote
- Answer request of users that have not received their token.
- case 1: email sent by limesurvey ends in spam
- case 2: wrong email on token list
Vote has ended
- Lookup results in Limesurvey
- Post detailed results to citizen mailing list
- Post result to forum
- Backup limesurvey database
Elections for commmunity
To be defined. Have not had the case yet but Limesurvey can be used for that as well.