Ecosoft/Bicycle Manufacturer Case Study
From ADempiere ERP Wiki
Case Study for a complete business cycle that most small and medium size manufacturers should have. ADempiere is being used to improve business process of one the top 3 Bicycle Manufacturer in Thailand.
Remarks: Implemented on version 360LTS, Postgresql 8.4, Fedora OS
The HQ and Factory of the client is located at outer skirt of Bangkok, Thailand.
The company is founded in 1988 by a group of engineers and bicycle experts. At the beginning, it was a small manufacturer with capacity less than 1,000 sets a month. From there, the company kept on evolving in terms of manufacturing technology and design.
With the support from customers and suppliers, it is set to become the leading bicycle-parts manufacturer in Thailand reaching a capacity of 30,000 bicycles a month with more than 1,000 items of products to choose from.
Its product-line covers almost the entire bicycle, ranging from hubs and chain wheels with cranks to bicycle frames, forks, and handle bars.
We see abundance of similar opportunities in Thailand. A lot of small and medium size (SME) companies' requirements are too complicated for standard accounting software. SAP or Oracle's Financials are more suitable but falls beyond most of the SMEs' Developing World budget. Many share similar pains in the management of their inventory and production processes and integration to the back-office and day-to-day business administration.
The project is divided into 3 parts, each will be dealing with corresponding set of users. After finish each phase, training will be conducted to ensure that user gets familiar with the software. At the end of the last phase, the practicing data will be cleaned, stock item will be counted, unpaid invoice will be uploaded. The system will go live on the 1st day of 2011.
Phase I: Sales Cycle
Sales Cycle is the process of selling goods to customer that starts from receiving order from customer, shipping, invoicing, and money collecting as well as making a deposit into the company’s bank account. Existing sales cycle is described as per below which consists of:
- Order and Delivery
- Billing and Collection
Order and Delivery
Billing and Collection
Phase II: Purchase Cycle
Phase III: Manufacturing
During implementation, we have the principle to use the standard ADempiere as much as possible. Anything configurable, will be configured using ADempiere's powerful Application Dictionary. Any necessary customization will be done without touching the core, ensuring future ease of maintenance and compatibility with future release.
Many technique without touching core ADempiere will be applied, i.e.,
- Script Callout
- Create your ADempiere customization environment
Enhancement and by product that are useful are documented here.
- Chart of Account (may be useful for Thai's SME - Manufacturing Industry) File:CoA Thai SME manufacturing.xls
- Features in customization.jar Customization for Bicycle Manufacturer Case Study
- Super detail Installation Guide for AD360, Postgres and Fedora
- Workshop for new developer on AD's Basic Technical stuffs, in easy reading format, i.e., How to Install, Reporting (include Jasper), Setup Debugging Environment, How workflow works. File:AD Basic Tech Workshop.pdf
- Using Jasper Report Form in place of Standard Forms, i.e., Sales Order, Delivery Note, Receipt, Invoices and etc.
- How ADempiere locate Forms for each document type
- Creating new Jasper Report Form and passing the right parameter
- Number to Text in Jasper Form (Thai Language)
- Registering Jasper Form
- A Step by Step Guide to Libero Manufacturing
- Creating New Data Import Window
- Withholding Tax (what happen behind the scene)