Practical Use of Document Type & Sequence
this part is from Trifonnt User:Trifonnt/Howtos_Hints#Practical_Use_of_Document_Type_.26_Sequence
- What is its real purpose of Document Sequence
The purpose is to have different sequence (Document No) for each document type. For example: Imagine you want to difference the PO depending on what you buy. You could have the document type "Purchase Order-A" and the "Purchase Order-B".
"Purchase Order-A" --> Sequence (Document no):A00001 "Purchase Order-B" --> Sequence (Document no):B00001
So for the same transaction (Purchase order) you can difference distinct sequence numbers.
How to change document numbers?
this part is from Trifonn User:Trifonnt/Howtos_Hints#How_to_change_document_numbers.3F
Go to Performance
Analysis -> Accounting Rules -> Document Type
Here you can see all existing document types like Purchase Order etc. If the 'Document is Number Controlled' checkbox is checked then you will have a Document Sequence field (a drop down). Right click and zoom to the Document Sequence window
Performance Analysis -> Accounting Rules -> Document Sequence
Here you can change the current next value, the increment and you can add prefix and or suffix for your order/invoice numbers.
- Question: I'm not understand quite what should I need to put in DateColumn field to restart Document Sequence every year?
- Answer: You have to put the column name of the date that you would use as reference for the year. For the inout I used dateacct field, i hope that is correct.
Discussion in sf.net forum
- numbering sequence rules. by earrufat ,2007-07-20 15:22:58 UTC
- Sequence no, by honey_poet, 2008-10-05 12:45:21 UTC
- Document Sequence, by sangidili, 2008-09-22 08:42:01 UTC
- Document sequence and DateColumn for restart by mirkoiv, 2010-10-21 08:18:48 UTC