This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
Why do we need Colombia Localisation?
- LCO Colombia is a major country level localisation project done by Carlos Ruiz from Quality Systems & Solutions QSS Ltda. and completely submitted to Open Source.
- It acts as a complete single basis of reference for other countries to follow.
- It includes functionalities such as
- Localised Chart of Accounts
- Localised Language of Translation
- Localised Taxation
- Localised City and Region Location Table
- Its deployment has easily maintainable and well supported techniques such as:
- Using ModelValidator, customization.jar and patches.jar framework to protect core codebase
- Using 2Pack to install LCO_Colombia as highly portable packages
- Codebase is backward compatible to stable release 3.4.2 onwards
- The Withholding Tax is quite tested and adopted by a good spread of countries around the world
- Has a working Demo site that implemented in full
- Has good forum discussions around it ,,
How to Install? (Steps in Brief)
- With your ADempiere all setup you can now add this localisation
- We then install the LCO Language Pack (you may use your own instead later)
- Then we apply the 2Pack packages for localised behaviour (integration to core)
- Applying GardenWorld client as sample model and data
- Applying to target Clients the desired model
- Setting up City & Region Locales
- Creating a new company
- Applying local calendar with holidays
For more detailed instructions you can view the translated site here.
- The importance of this is that it is a common requirement of many countries around the world. However there is a lack of docmentation as to how LCO Colombia's WH Tax is made of.
- (This stub is in progress with more ongoing study) - red1 22:17, 21 April 2010 (PDT)
- Since then, I have migrated this to the iDempiere's OSGi framework, and its creator, User:CarlosRuiz has also done the same. I advice you to follow the Samurai (Carlos Ruiz :)). I am just the Ninja. :) - Redhuan D. Oon 02:57, 29 November 2013 (UTC)