This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
How Things Get Wired Up
- SIMON head, Mr Bonifacio Belen visited Malaysia to discuss Red1 about pushing ADempiere as a national agenda for ICT in Philippines via the CEDF-IT.
- The idea is to create bridging courses to train locals in using a Community Open Source project
- Focus is on creating local entrepreneurship and employment among IT and business graduates and professionals.
- For a start Red1 was invited to visit Cebu and see for himself the setup and figures there behind the inititiative.
- We settle for a Philippine ADempiere Initiative to become the reference namesake to forge further systematically.
- After a 2 day CEDFIT in-house and 1 day open seminar as well as a series of meetings with national minister and figures,the stage is set.
- It came out in the news Proposed 2008 OS Conference
- Returning in February, 2008 to start the bridging courses for CEDFIT and preparations for the OS Conference
- Returning in June, 2008 for the summit where we hope to generate a quantum leap in national interest.
ADempiere Training in Cebu
CEDFIT One Day Seminar
- This time i touch more on the wealth generating factor of Cyberspace
- How dotcoms made billions based on web enabling paradigm
- The web's power is under-utilised
- There should be branding through sharing, collaborating to get the Blue Ocean effect
- The market is tilted towards freedom
- ADempiere is a journey of branding and learning about the ERP app
- Best used by educational environments rather than production instances
- Good platform for 3rd world nations to build upon making the quantum leap to ERP ownership
- Know-how is easy if we know-who in the forums and chat room
- Introduce to all those great guys online such as Xp-prg, Victor Perez, et al
CEDFIT Annual Dinner
- Given the honour to address the dinner audience including the Honourable Secretary of CICT, Roxas Chua.
- Presented the parallel that Cebu is trying to create what many other nations such as Malaysia attempts in making the quantum leap to developed nation status via cyber-cities.
- Presented on how Malaysia architect, former PM Dr. Mahathir Mohamad was influenced by Keniche Ohmae's Borderless World:
- Branding equity that is locally grown
- Not Invented Here Syndrome where we tend to consume rather than produce our own brands
- Lesson is that a formula has to produce a local champion icon to drive change and growth
- Thus we look forward to Made In Cebu.