This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
What is the SWOT Analysis?
The SWOT Analysis is the basis of all strategic work. It is a method to synthesize the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats in a way that can be used to develop ideas about what we should do. What we do here is matching the important factors in the External Environment (the Opportunities and Threats), to the Internal Environment (our Strengths and Weaknesses). First we will examine what Strengths should match what Opportunities and Threats, and afterwards, what Weaknesses should match what Opportunities and Threats. From this matching, we will get an idea on what course of action will get as at an advantageous position.
SWOT Analyze on ADempiere ERP
- Consistently deliver high quality, fully flexible and extensible ERP & CRM solutions to the customers worldwide.
- Free ERP & CRM to your needs !
- The Strengths and Weaknesses, we get from The ADempiere World. It is the "What CAN we do?" section. For clarity, lets list them here in brief, as well.
- Open Source.
- Model Driven Architecture.
- Active Data Dictionary - reducing 80% coding works in customization.
- Browser / Server + Client / Server.
- Database independent: PostgreSQL / Oracle / (MySQL).
- Function & Structure:
- ERP + CRM + POS.
- Manufacture Module.
- Multi – Organization, Multi-Currency, Multi-Accounting, Multi-Language.
- Top 5 in SourceForge.net.
- Existing customer / user base.
- Rich practice in real business environment, rather than a guinea pig in the library .
- Highly motivated and active.
- Global support.
- No formal political structure to make decisions.
- No specified road map.
- Lack of sufficient funding, can't afford core developers.
- Not very well-known to the general public.
- Customer / user base is small compared to SAP.
- Not simple enough for quick implementation, which is important for small-sized enterprise.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is shifted from licensing costs to lack of expertise local support in some countries.
- In China:
- Difficult to bid a good price for selling service.
|| S+O ( Growth Strategy)
|| W+O ( Expansion Strategy )
- Open Source is the future.
- IT trends:
- Total solutions – integration of applications such as SCM, CRM, PLM.
- SaaS ( Software as a Service )
- SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Cloud computing.
- Mobile devices and computing will be popular.
- Winner takes all.
- Private enterprises are considering the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of their IT investments.
- Enterprise are reinforcing management for operation efficiency and cost saving by ERP.
- Open source + excellent architecture.
- Enhancing ADempiere's framework. Integrations and new functions around ERP should be easily plugged-in.
- Enhancing the architecture to meet the requirement of IT trends like SaaS, Cloud Computing and mobile devices.
- Enhance the manufacture model, which is important for cost saving and efficiency in operation management.
- Enhance the MRP function for service industry like KFC, FedEx (logistics industry).
- Build a formal structure for strategy & decision making, in order to concentrate on the core issue.
- Define a clear road map, so that the community can have a clear vision.
- Lack of funding: Do our best in the framework and documentation, attract more and more people and company to join in.
- Market: Do presentation of ADempiere on the topic or activity of open source, SaaS and so on.
|| S+T ( Make up Strategy )
|| W+T ( Defense Strategy)
- Giant ERP companies enter the ERP market of Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME), such as SAP and Oracle.
- Challenge from other open source ERP, either existing or new, such as OpenERP and OfBiz.
- Many proprietary ERPs also turn to open source.
- Global economy recession.
- The growth of ERP market is slowing down.
- Reinforce the leading edge in open source ERP and nice architecture, make it easy and efficient for people and companies to build extensions and integrations on ADempiere.
- We have to be efficient in strategy & decision making to cope with threads from competitors.
- Lack of funding: concentrate on the most important work, don't waste time in those inessential issue.