ADempiere American Conference
- November 15-17 2007 in Los Angeles (USA)
- Sponsored by the Idalica Corporation
- 1 1. American ADempiere Conference
- 2 Topic suggestions
- 3 General conditions
- 4 Online Participation
- 5 Venue
- 6 Participants
- 7 Accomodations
- 8 Visa Information
- 9 Agenda
- 10 Menu
1. American ADempiere Conference
- This conference is in conjunction with the Training Courses.
Don't forget a power adapter for your notebook. A connector strip will be sufficient - we will have a little power adapter construction workshop :)
Why another conference?
We had so much fun in Berlin, why wait to do it again! We hope to keep up the steam with more interest, interaction, and involvement.
What it's all about?
- technical discussions
- meet each other
- future Adempiere development
Topic suggestions for workshops and discussions are desired. Please note them on this site.
Please add your suggestions here:
- History of the Red1 Tutorials - How they came about and what secrets learned about the bazaar - Red1
The conference is open to all interested parties. The participants are required to pay the costs of travel and accommodation. Infrastructure is sponsored by the Idalica Corporation.
We provide a video/audio stream from the conference and a vnc access to the presentation computer desktop in addition to the normal irc chat in irc.freenode.net #adempiere. To join the conference you need to install the vlc player for video/audio (or similar software) a vnc client and a irc programm if you want to give some feedback.
- Download and install vlc player
- Download and install tight vnc (or any vnc client you like)
- Install Chatzilla if you are using Firefox (or any irc program you like)
Join the conference
Open the video/audio stream with the vlc player
- Start the vlc media player
- Go to file -> open network stream
- Select network tab and enter the url ...to be updated... for audio only or
...to be updated... for video/audio stream
- Press ok
vnc (desktop view)
- Start the tight vnc viewer (Listen Mode)
- Open a new connection
- VNC Server is 184.108.40.206 (this might change - we will post the ip in irc and forum)
- Password is Berlin2007 (this might change - we will post the ip in irc and forum)
- Recommended connection options are tight encoding, custom compression level: 9 and JPEG compression: 3
- Open the Chatzilla plugin (Tools -> Chatzilla)
- Change your nickname (Button in the lower left corner)
- Connect the irc server by entering the following line into the command line (bottom of the window):
- /server irc.freenode.net
- Press Enter :)
- joining the adempiere channel by entering the following line into the command line:
- /join #adempiere
Idalica Corporate Offices 1173 Warner Ave Tustin, CA 92780
Travel directions and area map
1.  Map of the area around the conference
2. To the Hotel
Arrival by air
Please add your name here ...
Dear participants of the 1st ADempiere Conference!
Please check if you need a visa for a short stay and a "letter of invitation" for your visa application in order to participate at the conference.
You find all relevant information and application forms on the web site of the U.S. Department of State
including a table of countries whose citizens do not require visas to enter the US.
If you need a "letter of invitation" including a confirmation of the health insurance for incoming visitors for your visa application, please send the following details for each person that requires a visa to Andy (acamel at idalica dot com):
- First name and family name as stated in the passport
- Passport number
- Date of arrival in the US
- Date of departure from the US
Please take into consideration the time needed to process your visa application.